I was almost ready to release v4.9-pf6 update with newer stable patches, but instead got managed to assemble v4.10-pf1 very quickly thanks to awesome Con’s passion as well as BFQ readiness.
So, here is v4.10-pf1, and it includes:
- latest -ck release featuring MuQSS CPU scheduler v0.152;
- latest BFQ I/O scheduler, v8r8-rc2, with mainlined writeback throttling integration by me;
- graysky’s GCC optimizations patch.
Hopefully, in a couple of upstream releases I won’t provide BFQ separately, and it will be mainlined. Fingers crossed.
New pf-kernel release features latest Linux stable update, v4.9.8. Also, I’ve merged BFQ v8r8-rc1 just because it contains potentially important fixes.
The patch is available here.
Special announcement about Arch Linux binary builds: I’m going to drop separate Intel Ivy Bridge build, however, this architecture will be still available for linux-pf-next package. Instead, I’m going to keep Silvermont and also present generic (w/o specific CPU optimizations) as well as Skylake architectures. Stay tuned for further announcement.
First pf-kernel release of 2017 brings you stable kernel update, v4.9.3, as well as BFQ v8r7.
I guess, this is final release of this year. It brings you new BFQ I/O scheduler release, v8r6, and updated graysky’s GCC patchset which brings you new AMD CPUs support.
I’m glad to announce the immediate availability of new pf-kernel release for fresh Linux kernel. Please grab the patch here.
- -ck with MuQSS v0.150 + very latest hotfix;
- BFQv8r5, forward-ported from LKML submission + writeback throttling enhancement, hoping to get v8r6 soon;
- buffered writeback throttling patchset, hoping it will find its way into mainline soon;
- GCC tunes patchset from graysky, aiming to tune kernel for your lovely CPU;
- small random fixes.
Enjoy, and thanks to Con for fast -ck development.
New pf-kernel release brings Linux stable update v4.8.12.
Also, I’ve merged Arch PKGBUILD changes from core/linux to adopt pacman hooks for binary builds I provide.
New pf-kernel release, v4.8-pf8, is available now, and you can start grabbing the patch right now.
It introduces latest stable kernel update, v4.8.10, as well as new -ck patchset code that includes MuQSS v0.144.
Binary builds are available for Intel Ivy Bridge and Silvermont CPUs for Arch Linux distro.
New pf-kernel release features MuQSS v0.140 as well as stable Linux kernel update, v4.8.7.
New pf-kernel version features MuQSS v0.135 and newest stable kernel update, v4.8.6.